Okay, first, LOOK AT THAT NEW BACKGROUND AMAGAD
Second, now that I'm becoming active on this wiki again, I'm going to start writing pages again. True, it used to be a pain in the backside, but now that my laptop is actually a viable option for page-writing, I hope to be able to write up tutorials and the like twice as fast as before.
Third, where is everyone? I mean, I know I'm not exactly entitled to ask that, but I expected someone would still be lurking around here. Heck, if it weren't for Cyan reminding me about this place, we'd be 100% dead.
Finally, Surprise Lennypede!╚═(͡°ʖ͡°)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ …
Read more >
So I'm looking at this wikia's stats, and... not a single edit this week. I thought my e-mails had gone quiet. Anyone here?
This seems fitting.Read more >
Specifically, everything about making Wikia look nice is broken, but there's other stuff too. Probably.
1) Wikia's CSS page is torture, something I learned the hard way when working out how to make custom tags. Typing "a.tag" like a normal human being causes Wikia to tell you it's over-qualified. What? It's the first thing I typed! How can the category possible already be defined? It also breaks out the apocalypse sirens when you use "!important", even though not using it causes everything you've typed to be completely ignored in favour of Wikia's standard skin. Because, y'know, I'm coding this all for the hell of it.
2) As Wikia itself will constantly (and I mean constantly tell you if you edit a lot), over half of readers are reading a wiki…
Read more >
... I'm not making custom icons. I am making custom usertags, but as I've already worked out, nobody cares about that.
In other news, here's a list of things I've learned since joining the Coding Sandbox Wikia:
- Writing new content for wikia pages is harder and more time-consuming than it sounds. No, really, go ahead and write a brand new page that's half-decent.
- Doing a small amount of editing every day for a month is a lot more noticeable and effective than editing the same amount of wikia pages in one day. Now there's a tip for anyone playing the new editing game: don't rush everything.
- Copying and pasting is really, really easy. Editing what someone's copied and pasted is really, really hard. As per usual, I name no names, but you know who y…
Besde the > andRead more >
Don't actually abandon the wiki...
PLAN OF ACTION
STEP 1) Get rid of the Coding category. Seriously, we don't need it. It's like making a Final Fantasy category on the Final Fantasy wiki.
STEP 2) …Read more >
Here ill try to help for everything! Ill do some coding, and i'll also create pages about coding and everything!
NOTE: Sometime i will use internet to help me finish pages, but, ill do also my own :).!
Ill tell you some basic HTML5:
This will result to a small box that will interact with HTML pages. Also this little box 500x500!!!
Ask me any type on questions down there in the comments!Read more >
Unbelievably for such a new wiki, it would appear it's actually taking off! People are writing, contributing, editing, coding... admin-ing... STUFF! As much as I don't want to jinx the whole thing, I'm actually surprised people are getting involved. Most places I go, people are completely apathetic about the whole thing, but it would appear we have a fine group of Wiki-ers on our collective hands! So let's get going, and bring this piece of art to fruition! Oh jeez, I'm talking inspirationally again, I should probably stop. The message remains the same, however! Just a bit of time every day is all it takes!
Also Patriot 232, pls stop hating me ;( I didn't mean to come off as mad, but y'know, I did, so, um, sorry.Read more >
Block bad members
Know how to code
Know what to say
Know when to sayRead more >
Alright, maybe not that pumped, but I'm pumped nevertheless. This wiki seems pretty darn cool, so I'm hoping it'll take off soon!Read more >