Okay, first, LOOK AT THAT NEW BACKGROUND AMAGAD
Second, now that I'm becoming active on this wiki again, I'm going to start writing pages again. True, it used to be a pain in the backside, but now that my laptop is actually a viable option for page-writing, I hope to be able to write up tutorials and the like twice as fast as before.
Third, where is everyone? I mean, I know I'm not exactly entitled to ask that, but I expected someone would still be lurking around here. Heck, if it weren't for Cyan reminding me about this place, we'd be 100% dead.
Finally, Surprise Lennypede!╚═(͡°ʖ͡°)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ …
Read more >
So I'm looking at this wikia's stats, and... not a single edit this week. I thought my e-mails had gone quiet. Anyone here?
This seems fitting.Read more >
Specifically, everything about making Wikia look nice is broken, but there's other stuff too. Probably.
1) Wikia's CSS page is torture, something I learned the hard way when working out how to make custom tags. Typing "a.tag" like a normal human being causes Wikia to tell you it's over-qualified. What? It's the first thing I typed! How can the category possible already be defined? It also breaks out the apocalypse sirens when you use "!important", even though not using it causes everything you've typed to be completely ignored in favour of Wikia's standard skin. Because, y'know, I'm coding this all for the hell of it.
2) As Wikia itself will constantly (and I mean constantly tell you if you edit a lot), over half of readers are reading a wiki…
Read more >
... I'm not making custom icons. I am making custom usertags, but as I've already worked out, nobody cares about that.
In other news, here's a list of things I've learned since joining the Coding Sandbox Wikia:
- Writing new content for wikia pages is harder and more time-consuming than it sounds. No, really, go ahead and write a brand new page that's half-decent.
- Doing a small amount of editing every day for a month is a lot more noticeable and effective than editing the same amount of wikia pages in one day. Now there's a tip for anyone playing the new editing game: don't rush everything.
- Copying and pasting is really, really easy. Editing what someone's copied and pasted is really, really hard. As per usual, I name no names, but you know who y…
Don't actually abandon the wiki...
PLAN OF ACTION
STEP 1) Get rid of the Coding category. Seriously, we don't need it. It's like making a Final Fantasy category on the Final Fantasy wiki.
STEP 2) …Read more >