... I'm not making custom icons. I am making custom usertags, but as I've already worked out, nobody cares about that.
In other news, here's a list of things I've learned since joining the Coding Sandbox Wikia:
- Writing new content for wikia pages is harder and more time-consuming than it sounds. No, really, go ahead and write a brand new page that's half-decent.
- Doing a small amount of editing every day for a month is a lot more noticeable and effective than editing the same amount of wikia pages in one day. Now there's a tip for anyone playing the new editing game: don't rush everything.
- Copying and pasting is really, really easy. Editing what someone's copied and pasted is really, really hard. As per usual, I name no names, but you know who you are.
- Everything about Wikia's CSS page is broken. Everything.
- Pork scratchings are an amazingly effective tool for getting you through an editng marathon, as long as you have at least three packs of them to hand.
- Achievement points mean nothing, really. Giant Bubbles has more points than two moderators for stealing the 1000th edit... and only has 3 edits. They weren't even productive edits.
- The more you learn about code, the more you realise how stupid your earlier code was.
- Whoever thought an achievement for editing a wikia every day for a year was a good idea needs to be burned at the stake. I gave up after reaching 30 days and I have the highest edit count. 365 days? What does Brandon Rhea think we do with our lives?
- I'll never really be able to list everything.
Just in case you feel like it, I'm making custom usertags here.